If you are starting to plan your summer getaway, let us show you why a St. Tropez luxury villa vacation should be at the top of your list.
1) Outstanding villa accommodation. Maybe we’re bias, but we believe of all the villa rental companies out there, a Villazzo villa is your best guarantee of truly outstanding accommodation and the highest standards of personal service with our unique VillaHotel Service.
2) Breathtaking scenery. With its location on the Côte d’Azur, St. Tropez offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea. The main attraction is the Bay of St. Tropez where beaches and the charming fishing port surround it like a jeweled necklace. St. Tropez has a patina of international sophistication, but you don’t have to look far to recognize that, at its roots, it’s a picturesque traditional village where daily life goes on as it has for centuries. That’s certainly part of its charm.
3) Blissful climate. Some luxury destinations can disappoint when it comes to weather, but St. Tropez from May through September is blessed with warm sunny days with little humidity and balmy nights. When the mistral wind kicks up, so does the surf, perfect for exhilarating windsurfing and sailing. The climate is perfect for growing the grapes used in the area’s famous rose wines, sampling of the many varieties encouraged at wineries located within the city.
4) Sun-kissed beaches. Whether you’re looking for the ideal family beach, a beach with a reputation as the place to “see and be seen,” or a beach where you can get an all-over tan, St. Tropez has a beach for everyone. Private beach clubs, offering sunbathing, delicious cuisine and pulsating music accompanied by creative cocktails, have long been engaged in fierce competition for popularity among jetsetters. The names to know are Bagatelle, Nikki Beach and Club 55.
5) Food and wine. After all you are in France, so delicious dining and fine wine are well within your expectations. In St. Tropez, that means plenty of seafood and local artisan produce, especially truffles and mushrooms. Sample the many rosé wines that La Provence is famous for accompanied by a favorite local dish, anchoiade, an anchovy and garlic purée spread on toast or tipped in crudités. There are two iconic restaurants not to be missed. Senequier started as a modest café more than four generations ago. Today, it’s the place to take in the views of the harbor, savor exquisite food and enjoy top-notch people watching. Chez Camille, billed as “a little taste of heaven by the sea,” serves the best Bouillabaisse, a typical Provencal fish stew.
6) World-class shopping. From tini-bikinis to curated collections by local proprietors to legendary luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana and Giorgio Armani, St. Tropez is a luxury shopping nirvana.
St Tropez Beach Clubs
7) Hot clubs. When in St. Tropez, be a hedonists and dance and drink ‘til dawn. St. Tropez clubs are high end and sophisticated. None is more celebrated than the glitzy Les Caves du Roy in Hotel Byblos. It’s an indoor club as is the popular VIP Room. Drop by L’Opera, which boasts the special ambiance of being an indoor/outdoor venue.
8) The sporting life. St. Tropez offers so many sporting options: golf, tennis and water sports of every kind. But two sports are synonymous with the summer season, polo and yacht racing. Polo is a great spectator sport. Watch International teams and their beautiful polo ponies engaged in spirited competition all summer long. Summer is the advent of the mistral winds which blow in off the Mediterranean, just the right conditions for yacht racing, also attracting international boats and crews.
9) People watching. Ever since Brigitte Bardot came in 1956 to film And God Created Women and “discovered” St. Tropez, it has been a magnet for celebrities and A-listers. The Port of St. Tropez is the favored spot for people watching and you never know who you might see. Model Kate Moss, music moguls Beyonce and Jay Z, singer Rihanna, and actor Leonardo DiCaprio have been spotted recently.
10) International sophistication. Naturally, St. Tropez is a favorite summer destination for the French and other Europeans, but people of many nationalities flock here. Visitors from Brazil, Mexico and the US bring their own special cache to this charming village.
Let us help you choose the perfect luxury villa in St. Tropez. Start here.